Accounts Receivable – Accounting Assistant
Competition number: 1520
Date posted: September 10, 2021
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time Position
Application deadline: September 17, 2021
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is looking for a detail oriented and proactive individual to join our finance team. The Accounting Assistant (AR) is directly responsible for performing data entry and relating duties on posting accounts receivable payments. The position involves interaction with customers to provide billing information and support to various managers across the agency for billing.
This is a full time temporary contract position for 9 months, with the possibility of extension.
- Post-secondary education in Business or Accounting. Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience working within a computerized accounting system (experience using Sage and/or Intacct accounting software an asset)
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and strong skills of analyzing the information
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to make decisions using sound judgment
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Computer literacy with MS Office, with a minimum of intermediate skill level in Excel, is required
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is considered an asset
- Police Check and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months
- Ability to work in a team environment and shared space
- Strong interpersonal and mathematical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage changing tasks and have effective time management
- Preparation of monthly invoices and backup for multiple program contracts based on purchase order, contract, and customer requirements
- Post customers payments by recording cash, checks, credit cards and direct deposits transactions
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Processing of A/R adjustments as necessary
- Daily reconciliation of cash receipts, direct deposits and receipt summary logs
- Maintenance of daily and nightly reception floats
- Weekly preparation and delivery of bank deposits
- Assist A/P with semi-monthly pay run for affiliates, contractors, and kinship providers
- Maintenance of affiliates and contractors in the accounting software
- Processing of internal money transfer requests for program debit cards and reunification houses accounts.
- Correspondence with external customers and affiliates as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal and sensitive information
- Provide assistance with year-end audit work as needed
- Additional duties as required
What to Expect:
- Training – compressive onboarding/orientation process with includes service specific training, and agency wide core training
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $44,707 to $60,060 annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- Wellness Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Navdeep Shergill, Manager of Finance email@example.com
Closing Date: September 17, 2021
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.