Competition number: 1511
Date posted: July 30, 2021
2 positions available
Application deadline: Until filled
Childcare Provider for Family Engagement Services (On-Call Casual)
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
Family Engagement Services offers collaborative meetings between Professionals and Families, referred to as Circles and Family Group Conferences. Often during these circles children are present, and require childcare during the adult conversation components of the circle. The provision of quality childcare allows parents to feel at ease and be able to focus on intent of the circle. Childcare providers are an important component to creating a successful circle. This position would be on an On Call Casual Basis and could involve daytime, evening and weekend work.
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality of families served
- Experience or desire to work with families from diverse cultures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Some education in a discipline related to children or human services an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients and service team members
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability, including some evenings and weekends
- Complete timesheets
- Provide Quality Childcare
- $15.00 per hour
- Mileage compensation for out of town travel
Please reference competition # when sending cover letter and resume to:
Closing date: Until Filled
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.