Competition number: 1438
Job type: Full time
Date posted: July 29, 2020
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading-edge training and strong, reflective supervision. We intend to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma-Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is currently hiring a Director of Community Based Services (CBS). This position oversees the agency’s spectrum of mental health services including Therapy and Counseling and Community Initiatives. The portfolio has an operating budget of approximately $ 6 million and oversees 10 program areas ensuring they meet qualitative and quantitative objectives as negotiated with a variety of stakeholders, ultimately creating positive outcomes and well-being for children, youth and families. This position reports to the CEO and works in collaboration with a team of 6 Directors.
- Master’s degree in Human Services Field
- Leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years of high level management
- Clinical experience
- Member of a Professional Association
- Experience in a non-profit human service setting
- Experience in program and community development
- Experience working in partnerships and collaborations
- Police Check and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months
- Thinks strategically
- Works well in a team environment
- Motivates, supports and guides employees
- Executes and driven by outcomes
- Strategically build service and organizational capacity contributing to agency sustainability and mission attainment
- Lead and support agency priorities
- Define quantitative and qualitative program area service objectives monitoring outcomes and measuring impact
- Direct and oversee Program Managers to ensure:
- work and tasks are assigned, completed and measured
- personnel understand agency and unit objectives, both qualitative and quantitative
- personnel are equipped, trained and motivated to do their jobs.
- individual and unit performance is monitored and evaluated in relation to meeting objectives
- personnel receive regular individual and collective feedback regarding performance
- Define information needs with the involvement of service personnel, CEO, and the Director of Information Technology
- Together with assigned senior managers, prepare funding proposals, marketing materials and fee for service contract bids
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and CEO develop, manage, analyze and interpret financial statements and manage budget
- Maintain and develop agency procedures relevant to content expertise
- Build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Identify, innovate and create solutions for current social community issues removing barriers and developing responses that are research based and evidence informed
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- Competitive salary
- Manulife health benefit plan
- RRSP matching program
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Wellness program
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume to:
Pauline Smale CEO at Pauline.email@example.com by August 15, 2020.
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.