Competition number: 1508
Date posted: July 26, 2021
Job Type: Full-time position
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is expanding our Operations Team to provide more intentional, broader, and responsive support to our internal stakeholders through the addition of a Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor. This role will report to the Manager of Family Support Services.
Operations is a diverse portfolio responsible for a range of essential supportive services and work across multiple locations in Edmonton. This 36.5 hours per week full-time position is responsible for providing facilities management and coordination and will play an important role within our Health & Safety Program. Your passion of providing outstanding customer service and desire to create amazing spaces and experiences will help you be successful in this diverse role.
- Diploma or certificate related to Facilities Management/ maintenance and 2 years’ experience. Equivalent experience and education will be considered
- Human Services/ Non-profit experience considered an asset
- Experience in providing a broad range of basic maintenance considered an asset but not required
- Completion of Police Security Clearance and Child Welfare Information System Check; must be renewed every three years
- Valid class 5 driver’s license, reliable vehicle for daily use and liability insurance, as well as a 5-year driver abstract
- Strong sense of customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Organized with demonstrated coordination skills
- Capacity to work both independently and in integrated teams, which may include members of all levels and areas the organization
- Facilities Management and Coordination
- Conducting monthly site meetings
- Coordinating on-going maintenance requests
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Coordinating office moves and other changes
- Renovations and space enhancement initiatives
- Ensuring supplies are available for use
- Key contact for landlord and contractors
- Receives and responds to all requests through ticketing system
- Purchasing any equipment, tools, or materials that may be required
- Assessing procedures and making recommendations for improvement
- Vendor/ Supplier Management and Coordination
- Primary contact for all vendors and suppliers such as office supplies, PPE, building cleaning and safety, printing, telecommunications, and other supplies.
- Health & Safety
- Supports Agency Health & Safety Program
- Participates on the Health & Safety Committee
- Conducts monthly inspections of all sites
- Agency vehicle maintenance and support
What to Expect:
- Training – a comprehensive onboarding/orientation process, which includes service specific training and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback.
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $57,513 to $76,914 annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- Wellness Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Tools will be provided
- Paid parking
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Manger, Family Support Services
Closing Date: August 6, 2021
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.