Competition number: 1432
Date posted: June 08, 2020
Job type: Two full time positions
Application deadline: Until Filled
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is currently hiring energetic individuals interested in working with children and families as a part of the Family Capacity Builder Program. The Family Capacity Builder (FCB) provides services to families from the Collaborative Service Delivery Program (CSD). This Program assists parents to maintain family functioning by helping families be connected. FCBs model attachment and connection by providing support to families in need, teach parenting techniques and encourage appropriate discipline. Workers help to guide parents to incorporate this in their day to day parenting, routines, structure and discipline, as well as emphasize the importance of play, school and community involvement.
- Diploma or degree in Human Services Field, with related experience
- Experience working with Children’s Services and Collaborative Service Delivery beneficial
- Experience working with families from diverse cultures
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to work with people who have experienced trauma
- Valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and liability insurance
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule, one weekend day (optional between Saturday and Sunday) and some evening work required
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ensure parents have the opportunity to actively parent their children while outside of their primary care. This includes, but is not limited to significant and generous access in the environment that most closely resembles home, access to medical appointments, and school appointments etc.
- Monitor and support healthy child development through the use of the Ages and Stages Assessment for all children five and under
- Observe and document family interactions, focusing on strengths, and areas of growth, while ensuring transparency with the family and service team. Ensure proper administrative documentation is completed
- Monitor the ongoing success or challenges inherent in the reunification experience, continue to identify emerging or enhanced strengths, and develop new strategies for additional assets
- Work in collaboration with a Service Team and make recommendations to the service team regarding access between children and their parents
What to Expect
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $44, 096 to $56, 827 annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Mileage compensation
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Maureen Young, Growth and Development Supervisor
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
“When I'm working with the families; when I'm a part of uniting the families; they haven't seen each other for a week and then they are eating together, laughing together. It's so amazing.”