Competition number: 1567
Date Posted: September 22, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
The intention of Family Engagement Services is to offer a process by which family can come together with kin, close friends, and community members to support a child or youth requiring intervention services. This practice offers a collaborative approach and it is intended to build on the strengths of the family system. The Family Engagement Facilitator is responsible for providing high quality Family Group Conferences, Family Support Circles, Ceremonies and intensive Family Searches. Outcomes of the Family Engagement Services intervention include locating potential placements, increasing circles of support, and increasing extended family and community involvement. All children and youth in care should be referred to Family Engagement Services to explore extended and kin supports.
- Diploma or degree in Human Services Field, with related experience
- When eligible, application to and maintenance of membership in a professional organization
- Experience working with Children’s Services and Collaborative Service Delivery beneficial
- Experience working with families from diverse cultures
- Requires knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with people affected by trauma
- ASIST Suicide Intervention Training and First Aid-Level C CPR, required within 3 months of start date
- Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check completed within the last 6 months, applied for prior to position start date
- Child Welfare Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months, applied for prior to position start date
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence, reliable vehicle for daily use and liability insurance, as well as a 5 year driver abstract
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability, including some evenings and weekends
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Receiving referrals and providing high quality Family Group Conferences and Family Circles
- Facilitating intensive Family Searches to increase circles of support, locate potential placements and increase extended family and community involvement
- Working collaboratively with children, youth, families, agency staff, community, Children’s Services, Indigenous Communities, Bandsand Settlements
- Maintaining a focus on general wellbeing, with a focus on trauma and attachment
- Assists the family in connecting to culture, community and ceremony
What to Expect:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $44,537 to $57,396 annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- Wellness Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Mileage compensation
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
“Having the opportunity to hear people's stories, learn where and who they come from, and help them connect and reconnect with their people, culture, and land is one of the most fulfilling aspects of Family Engagement Services. I am privileged to empower families in their journeys towards having their voice heard in planning for the futures of their children.”