Competition number: 1477
Date posted: February 25, 2021
Job Type: Full Time Position
Application deadline: March 15, 2021
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading-edge training and strong, reflective supervision. We intend to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma-Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
Our marketing team is growing! The Family Centre is seeking a driven and organized Marketing and Communications Specialist. In this newly created role, your primary responsibilities include writing content such as blog posts, as well as managing digital marketing, including social media, websites, advertising, and SEO. If you’re eager to learn new skills, take initiative, and possess strong organizational skills, you could be an excellent fit for our small team.
- degree in marketing or communications
- minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Google certifications and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (especially InDesign) are definite assets
- driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- police check and child welfare intervention record check
- excellent writing skills
- strong organizational and time management skills
- attention to detail
- capacity to work both independently and in integrated teams, which include members of all
- levels and areas the organization
- write and edit content for blog, social media, websites, and newsletters
- manage and evaluate digital marketing, including social media, SEO, advertising,
- websites, and landing pages
- assist with the development, and implement the annual and campaign marketing and communications plans
- coordinate the participation and attend resource fairs and special events
- create posters and flyers
Occasional work in the evenings or weekends may be required (during special events). We offer flexible work arrangements during COVID-19.
The Family Centre is committed to employee well-being and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive in the marketplace.
- Salary: $44,265 - $59,466
- Manulife health benefit plan
- Wellness Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume to mentioning full time or part time application:
Katja Frosterus-Goulet, Marketing and Communications Manager
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.