Competition Number: 1560
Date Posted: March 16, 2023
Job Type: Casual
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
Family Support Services (FSS) is the program area within The Family Centre that is partnered with Children’s Services under the Collaborative Service Delivery (CSD) model. Within FSS there are multidisciplinary units that are partnered with Children’s Services units, creating flexible, responsive, and comprehensive support for families.
Within FSS, there is a need for Transportation Providers to support an important component of our work with families. This service is utilized by families who have children living outside of their parent/guardian’s day to day care. This support includes receiving transportation for family time, driving children between their current placements and their family homes/family time locations.
- Requires knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with people affected by trauma
- Some education in a discipline related to children or human services an asset
- Some experience working with Children’s Services an asset
- Competence in communicating detailed written information (primarily via email)
- Use of a personal cell phone for work related calls
- Police Information Check- Vulnerable Sector (completed within the last 6 months)
- Child Intervention Records Check (completed within the last 6 months)
- Our Children Are Sacred Youth Suicide Prevention Training or ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
- Standard First Aid Level C CPR
- $2 million Vehicle Liability Insurance
- Reliable Vehicle, available for regular use and valid driver’s license
- 5-years Driver Abstract
- Ability to drive children and youth, including proper use of car seats
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to help establish good working relationships with clients and service team members
- Reliable and flexible availability, including daytime, evenings, and weekends
- Understands the meaning in teachings and values embedded in ceremony, circle processes, and relational accountability
- Understands the importance of allyship with equity-seeking communities
- Driving children and youth
- Complete transportation logs
- $18 per hour
- Mileage compensation $.50 per km
Please reference competition # when forwarding cover letter and resume to:
Closing date: Until Filled
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
“The role of a transportation provider is rewarding as I am providing the safe transportation of children/clients to and from appointments or visits. The position is paramount in helping to connect and support children and families. Along the way, I learned of the different positions and services at The Family Centre and how we work collectively to develop strong and healthy relationships for our clients.”
- Savroop (Transportation Provider)