Self-Care for Parents
When you become a parent, you quickly learn your child is your whole world. They become your focus and your everything. The things that filled your time before are still there, so now you are managing parenting while also working, maintaining your home, maintaining relationships, and so on. With all these responsibilities, it’s more important than ever to take care of your well-being.
We have all heard analogies about the importance of self-care – putting the oxygen mask on you first, filling your cups. But let’s be honest, finding any time for self-care as a caregiver is hard. Yet, self-care as a caregiver is essential.
In this two-hour class, you will learn the basics of self-care for caregivers and find tips that work for you.
Who can attend?
- Any caregiver who wants to start or improve their self-care routine
What will you learn?
- Why self-care is important
- The impact self-care has on your wellbeing and in turn the wellbeing of your child
- How self-care looks like as a parent
- How to fit self-care into your time and routine
- Various self-care techniques and strategies
By the end of the session, you will feel more comfortable:
- Carving out guilt-free time for your self-care
- Knowing your limits
How much does it cost?
$50 per person or $75 per couple
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the workshop registration form.