Do you find it difficult to speak up for yourself and share your opinions or feelings, especially when they aren’t the same as someone else’s? Being assertive is critical for self-esteem and your overall health and happiness. But if you lack self-confidence, it can be very hard. You may believe you don’t deserve to be heard or that your opinion doesn’t matter. You may feel nervous about how others will react to your thoughts, and even find yourself putting other people’s needs before your own.
It is possible to raise your self-esteem and learn real-life ways to be assertive. You have a right to be heard, make your own choices, and even say ‘no.’
Our Self-Esteem and Assertiveness workshop will help you do that. It could be the first step you need in becoming seen and respected as the strong individual you are inside.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 18 or over who has a desire to build self-esteem, confidence, or assertiveness skills
What will you learn?
You will build self-esteem and assertive communication skills by understanding:
- Self-esteem and ways to build it
- Self-defeating behaviours
- How to communicate assertively
- Ways to set healthy boundaries
- How to effectively resolve conflict
- Anger and its relation to self-esteem
The workshop includes 3 sections:
Part 1: Unpacking
- Explore and discuss our past experiences
- Discuss how this has impacted our brains
Part 2: Self-Esteem
- Define and understand self-esteem
- Explore the characteristics of self-esteem
- Explore our coping mechanisms
Part 3: Assertiveness
- Discuss boundaries and their importance
- Explore continuum of assertive communication
- Learn how to say no and resolve conflict
By the end of the workshop, you will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting yourself
- Sharing your most important concerns
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, and emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is it offered?
Our group classes are offered online and in person. In-person group workshops take place Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our offices at 9912-106 Street.
Scroll down to see the upcoming dates.
You can also book a three-hour online private session.
How much does it cost?
Online group workshop: $100 per person
In-person group workshops: $150 per person
Private session: $325 per person
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.
Read in our blog:
I learned a lot about me and the tools I need to change and become a better person. - participant
This workshop builds your tools and strategies for communication with everyone. Mostly starting with self love and how important this work is everyday. - participant