No matter what you’re going through, please know that help is available.
Our mental health therapists can help you understand your situation better and figure out ways to move successfully through it.
Goal-oriented counselling is suitable for:
- Relationship challenges, including separation and divorce
- Stress and anxiety
- Grief, separation, and loss
- Parenting challenges and conflict
- Child and adolescent development and behaviour
- Domestic abuse prevention
- Trauma and change
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Sexual abuse
- Sexuality and intimacy
- Anger problems
- Health issues
- Personal growth
- Adjusting to life in Canada
Counselling is provided:
In person, over the phone, or online
10 AM - 7 PM Monday to Thursday
10 AM - 3 PM Friday and Saturday
We are closed on August 2 (Monday) for Heritage Day
Who can access counselling?
Anyone aged 18 or over can access counselling. Children under 18 can talk to a therapist with their parents’ consent. Parents must talk with the therapist first.
How much does it cost?
Your first session is free of charge.
Following appointments are $180 per session. Subsidized counselling is available. If you need a subsidy, we can offer a rate based on your income and how much you can afford to pay. We will determine your fee after your first session.
Contact us to learn more about subsidized counselling
If you have insurance or extended health benefits, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you plan to use your benefits for counselling.
Email email@example.com for information on extended health benefits
How does counselling work?
- Counselling is available over the phone, online, and in person
- Drop in for in-person counselling
- Book an appointment for phone or online counselling
- Sessions are 50 minutes in length
- The therapist will focus on your strengths and abilities to help you create a plan for the change you most want in your life
- Our counselling is solution-focused and goal-oriented
- Follow-up appointments are booked directly with the therapist at the end of your first session
- We follow AHS guidelines for in-person sessions:
- You will be provided with a mask and hand sanitizer
- Counselling offices are disinfected between each appointment and allow for physical distancing