Group Therapy: The ABCs of Anxiety
You don’t have to go through anxiety on your own.
In this therapeutic support group, you can talk about your feelings and experiences with anxiety in a healing group setting. You will engage in therapeutic activities and monitor therapeutic change.
The group is facilitated by a mental health therapist. There will be maximum of 7 participants in a group.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 18 or over, who is looking to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of anxiety and steps to change areas that you wish to change.
An official diagnosis of anxiety is not necessary.
What will I learn?
- Gain an understanding of anxiety
- Identify common physiological responses that are associated with anxiety
- Understand what level of functional impairment constitutes a clinical disorder
- Understand how to make changes to break the cycle of anxiety
- Develop an action plan to begin moving out of anxiety
How much does it cost?
There is no cost for the 5-week course
When and where is it offered?
Groups are available virtually.
The group meets on Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:30 PM
What if I feel nervous to get started?
Before attending the group, you will receive information on what to expect from the group's facilitator. Going into your first meeting you will feel prepared, comfortable, and safe/ Relaxation and mindfulness exercises help you get started and finish each session with a good mindset.