Group Therapy: The ABCs of Anxiety
You don’t have to go through anxiety on your own.
In this therapeutic support group, you can talk about your feelings and experiences with anxiety in a healing group setting. You will engage in therapeutic activities and monitor therapeutic change.
The group is facilitated by a mental health therapist. There will be maximum of 7 participants in a group.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 18 or over, who is looking to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of anxiety and steps to change areas that you wish to change.
An official diagnosis of anxiety is not necessary.
What will I learn?
- Gain an understanding of anxiety
- Identify common physiological responses that are associated with anxiety
- Understand what level of functional impairment constitutes a clinical disorder
- Understand how to make changes to break the cycle of anxiety
- Develop an action plan to begin moving out of anxiety
How much does it cost?
$250 for the 5-week course. Subsidies are available based on our sliding scale. That means your fee depends on your income and how much you can afford to pay.
When and where is it offered?
Groups are on Tuesdays and Fridays.
The Tuesday group meets 6 - 8 PM at our offices, 9912 - 106 Street, Edmonton
The Friday group meets 10 AM - 12 PM (noon) online