Group Therapy: The ABCs of Depression
You are not alone.
In this support group, you can talk about your feelings and experiences with depression in a healing group setting. You will engage in therapeutic activities and monitor therapeutic change.
The group is facilitated by a mental health therapist. There will be a maximum of 7 participants in a group.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 18 or over, who is looking to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of depression and steps to change areas that you wish to change.
An official diagnosis of depression is not necessary.
What will I learn?
- Understand the difference between normal sadness and depression
- Identify common physiological responses that are associated with depression
- Understand what level of functional impairment constitutes a clinical disorder
- Understand how to make changes to break the cycle of depression
- Develop an action plan to begin moving out of depression
How much does it cost?
There is no cost for the 5-week course
When and where is it offered?
Groups are available virtually.
The group meets weekly on Thursdays 6:00-7:30 PM