Group Therapy: The ABCs of Depression
You are not alone.
In this support group, you can talk about your feelings and experiences with depression in a healing group setting. You will engage in therapeutic activities and monitor therapeutic change.
The group is facilitated by a mental health therapist. There will be a maximum of 7 participants in a group.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 18 or over, who is looking to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of depression and steps to change areas that you wish to change.
An official diagnosis of depression is not necessary.
What will I learn?
- Understand the difference between normal sadness and depression
- Identify common physiological responses that are associated with depression
- Understand what level of functional impairment constitutes a clinical disorder
- Understand how to make changes to break the cycle of depression
- Develop an action plan to begin moving out of depression
How much does it cost?
$250 for the 5-week course. Subsidies are available based on our sliding scale. That means your fee depends on your income and how much you can afford to pay.
When and where is it offered?
The group meets weekly on Thursdays 6 - 8 PM at our offices, 9912 - 106 Street, Edmonton
- November 18 - December 16
- January 20 - February 17
- March 10 - April 7
- April 28 - May 26
- June 16 - July 14