Competition Number: 1548
Date Posted: May 9, 2022
Job Type: On-Call Casual
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
Join our dynamic team of human care service professionals who are committed to developing positive working relationships as an integrated team member. Within this team, you will be working collaboratively with other professionals to meet the needs of children, families and communities that lead to successful outcomes. The Family Centre requires On-call Casual Reunification workers for our Reunification Service.
You will be part of a team working to provide support in our Family & Youth Reunification homes. The Reunification homes focus on providing a family-oriented environment for children, youth and parents residing in the homes. The Family Reunification homes focus on supporting parents and their children aged 0 - 12 years, through the reunification process, which includes working with sibling groups and their parents in one of our homes, while the Youth Reunification homes focus on supporting youth aged 13-17, within a relational, developmental model utilizing a harm reduction, attachment based approach.
In order to ensure a stable and consistent environment for youth and families, Reunification homes are supported 24 hours a day by team members working 12 hour shifts (days and nights).
- Diploma or Degree in Child & Youth Care, Early Childhood Development or Human Services Field and equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 year experience (preferably residential)
- Experience working with families from diverse cultures
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to work with people who have experienced trauma
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and liability insurance
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family or youth
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability
- Attending to the daily maintenance of the home, while teaching and modelling household management skills
- Monitor and support child development and parenting focusing on general well-being, trauma and attachment.
- Observes and documents family interactions, focusing on strengths, concerns and areas of growth, while ensuring transparency with the family/youth and service team. Ensure proper administrative documentation
- Monitor the ongoing success or challenges inherent in the reunification experience, continue to identify emerging or enhanced strengths, and develop new strategies for additional assets
- Provide support & shift coverage in both the Family & Youth Reunification Homes, as required
What to Expect:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development
- $19.39 per hour
- Mileage compensation
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
“Being a part of Reunification allows you to live day-to-day with our clients, to connect and build relationships; with this structure we are available to support our clients on their journey of life's 'ups and downs'. Being a part of Collaborative Service Delivery (CSD) allows us to broaden our experience and voice as we collaborate with other professionals on a Service Team level in order to heighten the support our clients may be in need of.”