Competition Number: 1534
Date Posted: January 25, 2022
Application Deadline: February 8, 2022
The Family Centre is a non-profit organization and has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
A Clinical Supervisor is involved in the recruiting, training and supervising of the therapy team. In this position, the Clinical Supervisor will supervise and support therapists working in schools and in the community with vulnerable populations. The Clinical Supervisor is a member of Leadership, a team of managers and supervisors from all different service areas of the Family Centre that meets monthly. The Clinical Supervisor reports to the Manager of Therapy and Counseling Services.
- Minimum Master’s degree in counselling or related field.
- Certified and registered with professional association and in good standing
- Minimum of five years counselling experience with individuals, couples and families, with demonstrated competence in delivering service.
- Supervisory training- experience is an asset.
- Police Security Clearance and Child and Youth Information Systems Check (must be no more than 6 months old at start of employment and renewed every 3 years)
- Recruits, orients and trains new Mental Health Therapists in consultation with the Manager of Therapy and Counselling.
- Maintains a small clinical caseload and a familiarity with a wide variety of evidenced-based therapeutic modalities is an asset, particularly in school and community settings.
- Ability to respond to clinical/client emergencies and review critical incident reports.
- Provides a one hour per month of formal supervision to staff therapists. Focus is on clinical consult, caseload review as well as an audit of clinical files with emphasis on Quality Assurance Standards.
- In collaboration with other Clinical Supervisors plans and coordinates monthly staff meetings.
- Assists in the development and adherence to policies and procedures in accordance with accreditation standards.
- Performs yearly performance evaluations for therapists.
- Provides agency representation on community interest groups as needed.
- Builds relationships with and responds to customer/client concerns – this applies to both TFC clients and with community partnerships (eg. school administration) – This is done in close consult and partnership with the Manager of Therapy and Counselling.
- Support the Manager of Counselling and Therapy in reviewing third party requests for information.
- Supports the Manager in the process of program development and evaluation. In this regards the supervisor meets weekly with the Manager for one hour to discuss case load and program needs and meets 2 times per month for supervision with the manager of Therapy and Counselling.
- Builds and maintains a strong and effective work team.
- Encouraging ongoing professional development and self-care strategies for therapists.
Our vision is healthy families in healthy communities. Accordingly, it is our responsibility to promote the health and safety of all employees, contractors, interns, practicum students, volunteers, visitors and those we serve by reducing the risks of COVID-19 through vaccination as per AHS guidance.
All employees, contractors, interns, practicum students and volunteers hired by The Family Centre after October 15, 2021, will be required to be fully immunized, as per AHS standards, against COVID-19. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please indicate in your application.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- From $75,860 to $ 90,352 Annually
- Manulife health benefit plan
- RRSP matching program
- Wellness Program
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Wellness program
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume with the competition number to:
Elsie Lobo, PhD
Manager, Therapy & Mental Health Services
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.