Competition number: 1462
Date posted: January 25, 2021
Job type: Full time position
Application deadline: Until Filled
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading-edge training and strong, reflective supervision. We intend to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma-Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is currently hiring energetic individuals interested in working with children and families as a part of Kinship Support Services. At the heart of The Family Centre’s philosophy is the belief that children fare best in the care of their family. The Kinship Support Worker is responsible for providing high quality support and guidance for families caring for children in Kinship placements through the Collaborative Service Delivery Program (CSD).
- A Degree in the human service field with knowledge, experience and competence in working with children and families
- Two years direct client service experience is required
- Knowledge and understanding of the unique relationship dynamics created in kinship care arrangements
- Excellent knowledge of trauma and attachment
- Experience working with families from diverse cultures
- Strong administration skills
- Strong planning/organizational skills
- Ability to work independently outside usual working hours to fit with the needs of families (many evenings and weekends)
- Ability to travel, current driving license, driver’s abstract and use of car for work purposes
- Current Indigenous Cross Cultural Training
- Current certification in First Aid and Level C CPR
- Current ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
- Completion of Police Security Clearance and Child Services Intervention Record Check; must be renewed every three years
- Registration with Professional Association, where applicable
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Provide emotional support to caregivers and child(ren)
- Support caregivers to follow through with the SAFE Home Study Report process
- Advocate for caregiver and child needs
- Support the relationship between birth parents and kinship caregivers
- Provide education to kinship caregivers regarding caring for children with trauma based behaviours
- Ongoing assessment and planning for safety and well-being of child(ren) and kinship caregivers
- Support permanency planning for child(ren) in care
- Liaise with partners including: Children’s Services, internal TFC service providers, external agencies
- Act as a reference/support person for Family Intervention Generalists who support Kinship placements
What to Expect
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee well-being and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $47,210 to $61,417 annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- Wellness Plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Parking and Mileage compensation
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. . If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process