Competition number: 1526
Job type: Part Time
Date posted: October 7, 2021
Application deadline: October 14, 2021
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is currently hiring a dynamic person to join our Reception Team on a part-time basis. This position supports clients and employees. The Receptionist reports to the Social Enterprise Centre Supervisor and is responsible for keeping the front desk area operational and welcoming.
We anticipate the hours will require two weekday evenings (4pm-8:30pm) per week and alternating Friday and Saturday day (8:30am-4:30pm) shifts. The final scheduled hours for this position will be decided by the supervisor in collaboration with the current team and the successful candidate. Additional hours for team coverage are available on occasion.
Note: Please include your availability in your cover letter.
- 1 year of experience in an administrative or customer service role
- Experience working in the Human Services sector or for a non-profit agency is considered an asset
- Computer literacy and ability to multitask with a range of electronic systems
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to work with people who have experienced trauma
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Current certification in First Aid and Level C CPR
- Police Check and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months
- Interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of clientele
- Ability to work in a team environment, with shared workloads and space
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Reliable and flexible availability
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Greet and support clients and visitors to The Family Centre
- Maintain a clean, welcoming reception waiting area
- Represent The Family Centre in a professional manner
- Complete daily administrative tasks
- Assist in opening and closing the agency
What to Expect:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process with includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $20.89 to $26.79 hourly
- Vacation accrued based on full-time equivalent
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume to:
Social Enterprise Centre Supervisor
Closing Date: October 14, 2021
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.