Date Posted: July 18, 2023
Job Type: 1 Full -Time position
Application Deadline: July 25, 2023
Why work with us:
The Client Care Team at The Family Centre is seeking a Data Specialist who has data expertise, with the ability to communicate compelling insight through data visualizations, reports, and dashboards, and is committed to providing a high level of customer service. The Family Centre is focused on Trauma-Informed Care for both our communities and staff teams, and provide services based on research and evidence-based practices. We encourage employees to bring their authentic self to work in our diverse and inclusive environment. The organization is committed to Indigenous ceremony and practice and welcomes knowledge of ceremony and lived experience. Our culture is focused on providing a safe and supportive workplace including paid training, excellent benefits, a wellness program, and much more.
What you will be doing:
As a Client Care Data Specialist, you will provide analytical operational support to management by extracting data from multiple sources, creating data visualizations, and preparing reports, to deepen understanding of client outcomes for our Community-Based Services and support the program areas to make data-driven decisions. You will work collaboratively with the Clinical Manager and Clinical Supervisors of our Therapy Program as an integral member of our Client Care Team to support both program and client needs. The Client Care Data Specialist is responsible for various administrative duties such as answering inquiries, supporting individuals and families to access therapy services, and additional special projects as needed.
- Build relationships of trust with clients and other professionals and stakeholders
- Scheduling appointments and completing fee assessments for therapy clients
- Support Community-Based Services outcomes and reporting
- Assist with funding applications and proposals as required
- Prepares monthly activity reports for management
- Extract data from various programs and internal sources and create data visualizations using dashboards, charts, and descriptions
- Analyze and present all relevant data accurately and clearly
- Present data to leadership in monthly meetings
- Collaboratively assist in the development of procedures and processes to facilitate regular reporting
What you will bring to the role:
- Degree in Human Services profession (e.g. Social Work, Psychology or related field)
- Experience in the non-profit/human services or related sector is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Google applications (Gmail, Docs) with adaptability to learn new software and applications as required.
- Ability to extract data, summarize, and create data visualizations.
- Ability to work in an integrated work environment (shared workspace and workloads)
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player, willing to take directions, and accept responsibility for meeting specified objectives
- Willingness to work some flexible hours (some evening hours)
Background Check Process & Requirements:
- As a part of the selection process, The Family Centre will conduct reference checks with your most recent employers.
- Police Information Check- Vulnerable Sector (completed within the last 6 months)
- Child Intervention Records Check (completed within the last 6 months)
- Suicide Intervention Training, required within 3 months of start date
- Indigenous Awareness (8 hours within the first twelve months of employment and every year thereafter)
What you can expect:
Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific, leading-edge training, and agency-wide core training
Feedback – a strong reflective supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
Performance Coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development
Reasonable Accommodation – The Family Centre will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualifies applicant or employee
Compensation - Our comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects a strong commitment to employee wellbeing and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $46,048 – 61,862 annually
- 36.5 hour work week
- Fully paid Group Benefit Plan
- Wellness Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Paid sick time
- Agency-wide social events
- First People’s Circle and People of Colour Employee Support Groups
CLOSING DATE: July 25, 2023
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Manager – Therapy & Mental Health Services
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.