Anger Management For Women
Anger is a natural emotion you experience when something doesn’t go as planned or someone contradicts what you think is “right.” People of all ages and personalities experience anger but how we respond to it varies greatly from person to person.
When anger becomes an issue, you may find yourself holding in negative thoughts, taking your negativity out on others, and in some cases, even acting impulsively or doing something you are ashamed of. For women, you may have challenges setting boundaries in relationships, which may contribute to your angry feelings. This is when you need strategies to effectively express your anger.
The Women and Anger Workshop provides hands-on ways to deal with anger so you can have positive relationships and address conflict in a positive and healthy way.
Who can attend?
Any woman aged 18 or over who wants to learn more about healthy ways to express anger and resolve conflict.
Our workshops are intended for adults and we do not offer childcare.
What will you learn?
You will learn how to address anger as a normal, healthy emotion by understanding:
- The underlying emotions connected with anger in women
- Your own triggers for anger
- Effective ways to deal with and express anger
- Ways to set healthy boundaries in relationships
- How to manage stress
- How to effectively communicate and resolve conflict
- Why self-esteem/self-worth affect anger
By the end of the session, you will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting yourself
- Sharing your most important concerns with others
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, and emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is it offered?
Group workshops are Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our offices at 9912-106 Street
For those who want to book a three-hour private session, please contact us to arrange a date and time
How much does it cost?
Group workshops: $150 per person
Private session: $325 per person
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If cost is a barrier to you attending this workshop, you can apply for subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the workshop registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.
The workshop helped me understand the primary emotions that cause my anger which was extremely helpful. - workshop participant