As a parent of a child under five, every day is an exciting challenge full of surprises. You never really know what to expect next when it comes to things like language, learning, or physical activity. And then there are those temper tantrums that seem to flare up out of nowhere! At times, you may feel like nothing you do as a parent is working.
The Parenting Toddlers and Preschoolers workshop helps take some of the guesswork out of parenting by helping you better understand why children behave the way they do at this age. We’ll offer positive strategies to help you guide your children’s behaviour and provide a nurturing home, while you take care of yourself.
Who can attend?
- Any caregiver who is parenting a child between 18 months and five years old.
- Families interested in establishing positive parenting practices in toddlers or preschoolers.
What will you learn?
You will build skills for parenting toddlers and preschoolers by understanding:
- What to expect as your child develops
- Your parenting style and how it affects your child
- Why children behave the way they do
- How to positively guide behaviours
- What bonding is and why it’s important
- How ‘play’ helps develop physical, intellectual, and social skills
- How to encourage confidence
- How to better communicate with children
- How to deal with misbehaviour and tantrums
- How to potty train
- How to care of yourself
By the end of the session, you will feel more comfortable:
- Creating effective parenting strategies and giving positive feedback
- Addressing misbehaviour or other issues
- Setting boundaries, limits, and guidelines
- Communicating with your child or children
- Providing a nurturing home environment
- Minimizing the negative effects of divorce or separation (if applicable), and
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is it offered?
Our group classes are offered online and in person. In-person group workshops take place Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our offices at 9912-106 Street.
Scroll down to see the upcoming dates.
You can also book a three-hour online private session.
How much does it cost?
Online group workshop: $100 per person or $150 per couple
In-person group workshops: $150 per person or $200 per couple
Private session: $325 per person or couple
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the workshop registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.