Anger Management For Men
Anger is a natural emotion you experience when something doesn’t go as planned or someone contradicts what you think is “right.” People of all ages and personalities experience anger but how we respond to it varies greatly from person to person.
When anger becomes an issue, you may find yourself holding in negative thoughts, taking your negativity out on others, and in some cases, even acting impulsively or doing something you are ashamed of later. This is when you need strategies to effectively express your anger.
The Men and Anger workshop provides hands-on ways to deal with anger so you can have positive relationships and address conflict in a positive and healthy way.
Who can attend?
This class is open to anyone who identifies their gender as male and is aged 18 or over, and is interested in learning more about healthy ways to express anger and resolve conflict.
If you don’t see yourself as being part of a group, you can also book a private class.
What will you learn?
You will learn how to address anger as a normal, healthy emotion by understanding:
- The underlying emotions connected with anger in men
- Your own triggers for anger
- Effective ways to deal with and express anger
- Ways to set healthy boundaries in relationships
- How to manage stress
- How to effectively communicate and resolve conflict
- Why self-esteem/self-worth affect anger
By the end of the session, you will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting yourself
- Sharing your most important concerns with others
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, and emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
How much does it cost?
Group workshop: $150 per person
Private session: $325 per person
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.
Read in our blog: Managing anger constructively
The workshop was very helpful. Lots of strategies to improve yourself. - participant