Competition number: 1461
Date posted: November 18, 2020
Job type: Full time position
Application deadline: Until Filled
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence-based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading-edge training and strong, reflective supervision. We intend to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma-Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Information Technology Specialist will be part of a team supporting the technology needs of our organization. The successful candidate will provide ongoing support and training of end users with primary focus on Windows Server, Windows Desktop, MS Office, Google Workspace, Office 365, and associated applications as well as a custom inhouse database system. End users to be supported are located both in our main office as well as off-site locations throughout the Edmonton Region.
- Technical diploma or equivalent employment experience preferred
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2012 or later
- Experience with Google Workspace and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled in Visual Basic & Java Script coding
- Good grasp and aptitude for Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience troubleshooting systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience training others is an asset
- Capacity to work both independently and in integrated teams
- Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Reliable and flexible
- On-Site and Remote Technical Support for Windows OS, computer deployment, user setup for domain access, Google Workspace, Office 365 and Android phones.
- Maintaining Windows Server based network including routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Maintain Avaya based IP phone system.
- Creation and maintenance of Google Scripts to support Google Forms, Sheets & Docs.
- Creation of Visual Basic automation for both MS Excel and MS Word.
- End user support for custom inhouse database system.
- Analyze IT requirements and provide objective advice on the use of Technology
- Work with staff to improve cyber security awareness
What to Expect
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process with includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee well-being and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $44,265 to $59,466 annually
- Manulife Group Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Wellness program
- Parking spot
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Jonathan Leeming, Director of Information Technology
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.