Competition number: 1476
Date posted: February 18, 2021
Job Type: Full time one-year term position with the possibility of extension
Application deadline: March 01, 2021
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services, basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
Family Support Services Manager:
The Family Centre of Northern Alberta is recruiting a Family Support Services Manager to be a part of the Collaborative Service Delivery (CSD) team. The guiding principles of CSD are early engagement, family centered involvement, outcome based practice, collaboration and shared responsibility with Children’s Services, and flexibility/innovation within the delivery of services. The Manager reports to the Director, Family Support Services.
- Degree in Human Services Field
- Minimum 3 years of related supervisory experience
- Experience working with Children’s Services required
- Knowledge, skills and abilities with regard to trauma informed care
- An active membership in a professional association related to degree, if applicable
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented approach to work
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and through written work
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Ability to think critically and make decisions through an innovative lens
- Support service supervisors and work within a co-management framework
- Support Director to evaluate service areas, determine areas requiring further development, and implement service changes
- Define and monitor qualitative and quantitative program objectives
- Actively engage in collaborative practice, and support integrated practice initiatives.
- Engaging in trauma informed care framework
What to Expect:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process with includes service-specific training and agency-wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive and competitive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $74,833 - $99,959 Annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- 2 Wellness days per year
- Wellness Program
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Mileage compensation
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Director, Family Support Services
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.