Date posted: March 12, 2020
Job type: Full time
Application deadline: March 20, 2020
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
MISSION: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
VISION: Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is currently hiring a Supervisor in Reunification Services. This position will support front-line staff in providing direct support to families and youth residing in the Reunification Homes, as well as ensure the on-going operation and day to day functioning of the homes. This position reports to the Manager, Family Support Services.
- Degree in Human Services Field, with related experience
- Experience working with Children’s Services and the Collaborative Service Delivery model beneficial
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to work with people who have experienced trauma
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, training and supervising staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with staff and both internal and external partners
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Innovative, creative thinker
- Ability to navigate courageous conversation effectively
- Hire, onboard, and train new front-line service providers, while also providing support to increase staff knowledge base, identify gaps in training to support the on-going growth and development of all staff.
- Monitor and review staff performance on an on-going basis in compliance with agency policies and professional standards
- Provide proactive guidance, direction, debriefing, feedback and support to staff, while also promoting staff engagement
- Collect, review and maintain client and personnel data, ensuring completeness, accuracy and consistency, to help meet agency quality improvement, evaluations and reporting requirements
- Complete administrative responsibilities; including creating and maintaining staff schedules, editing reports, auditing files and house administrative responsibilities, such as house budgets and monthly inspections.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $56,943 - $76,152 Annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume to:
Jennifer Hayes, Manager, Family Support Services
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
"Working as a supervisor in the Reunification Program provides a unique opportunity to be involved with the growth and progress of the many families and youth we serve. I have come to cherish the relationships I have formed with these youth and families, as well as with the passionate workers I support."