Date posted: Aug 31, 2020
Job type: Full time
Application deadline: Until Filled
Join our dynamic team of human care service professionals who are committed to developing positive working relationships as an integrated team member. Within this team, you will be working collaboratively with other professionals to meet the needs of children, youth, families and communities that lead to successful outcomes. The Family Centre requires Youth Reunification workers for our Youth Reunification Service.
You will be part of a team working in our Youth Reunification homes that provide a family-oriented environment for youth aged 13 - 18 years. You will work within a relational, developmental model utilizing a harm reduction, attachment based approach.
You will be supporting youth to re-connect to family and community in meaningful ways and create long lasting, permanent relationships. You will encourage the development of healthy living skills. In order to ensure a stable and consistent environment for the youth, Youth Reunification homes are supported 24 hours a day by team members working 12 hour shifts (days and nights) on a consistent rotation.
MISSION: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
VISION: Healthy families in healthy communities.
Join our dynamic team of human care service professionals who are committed to developing positive working relationships as an integrated team member. Within this team, you will be working collaboratively with other professionals to meet the needs of children, families and communities that lead to successful outcomes. The Family Centre requires Family Reunification workers for our Family Reunification Service.
You will be part of a team working in our Family Reunification homes that provide a family-oriented environment for parents and their children and youth aged 0 - 12 years. You will provide supports to families through the reunification process, which includes working with sibling groups and their parents in one of our homes.
You will be supporting parents to increase their parenting capacity, while maintaining attachment to their children. In order to ensure a stable and consistent environment for families, Family Reunification homes are supported 24 hours a day by team members working 12 hour shifts (days and nights) on a consistent rotation.
- Diploma or Degree in Child & Youth Care, Early Childhood Development or Human Services Field and equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 year experience (preferably residential)
- Experience working with youth and families from diverse cultures
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to work with people who have experienced trauma
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and liability insurance
- Must possess a current certificate in ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Must possess a current certificate in Standard First Aid & Level ‘C’ CPR
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability
- Attending to the daily maintenance of the home, while teaching and modeling household management skills
- Observes and documents youth interactions, focusing on strengths, concerns and areas of growth, while ensuring transparency with the youth and service team
- Expand the youth’s circle of support and reignite pre-existing relationships
- Assess on-going risk for youth and safety plan accordingly within a comprehensive team
- Provide emotional support to the youth, while maintaining a focus on general wellbeing, trauma and attachment
- Provide support & coverage in both the Youth & Family Reunification Homes, as required
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific training, and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $41,931 - $56,127 Annually
- Manulife Health Benefit Plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
- Mileage compensation
Please send your resume to:
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
“Having an opportunity to have a positive impact on the youth of today is not only challenging but fulfilling. Relationship building along with empowering young people to develop themselves and contribute to the development of our communities is very rewarding.”