Competition Number: 1530
Date Posted: January 11, 2022
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support.
The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another in order to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Role: On-Call Casual Transportation Provider
Family Support Services (FSS) is the program area within The Family Centre that is partnered with Children’s Services under the Collaborative Service Delivery (CSD) model. Within FSS there are multidisciplinary units that are partnered with Children’s Services units, creating flexible, responsive, and comprehensive support for families.
Within FSS, there is a need for Transportation Providers to support an important component of our work with families. This service is utilized by families who have children living outside of their parent/guardian’s day to day care. Families experiencing this separation require extensive support to maintain attachment. This support includes receiving transportation for family time, driving children between their current placements and their family homes/family time locations.
- ASIST Suicide Intervention Training and First Aid-Level C CPR, required within 3 months of start date
- Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check completed within the last 6 months, applied for prior to position start date
- Child Welfare Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months, applied for prior to position start date
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence, reliable vehicle for daily use and liability insurance, as well as a 5 year driver abstract
- Ability to accommodate daytime, evening and weekend work.
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality of families served
- Ability to drive children and youth, including proper use of car seats
- Experience or desire to work with families from diverse cultures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Requires knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with people affected by trauma
- Some education in a discipline related to children or human services an asset
- Some experience working with Children’s Services an asset
- Use of a personal cell phone for work related calls
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients and service team members
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
- Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
- Reliable and flexible availability, including evenings and weekends
- Complete timesheets
- Driving children and youth
- Complete transportation logs
Our vision is healthy families in healthy communities. Accordingly, it is our responsibility to promote the health and safety of all employees, contractors, interns, practicum students, volunteers, visitors and those we serve by reducing the risks of COVID-19 through vaccination as per AHS guidance.
All employees, contractors, interns, practicum students and volunteers hired by The Family Centre after October 15, 2021 will be required to be fully immunized, as per AHS standards, against COVID-19. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please contact our HR department noting in the subject the position you are interested in.
- $18 per hour
- Mileage compensation $.50 per km
Please reference competition # when forwarding cover letter and resume to:
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.