Competition number: 1590
Job type: Full-Time
Date posted: March 3, 2023
The Family Centre has a strong reputation for providing quality services basing our work on research and evidence based practices. We pride ourselves on providing leading edge training and strong, reflective supervision. Our intention is to create a healthy organization that is intelligent in its response to community issues and intentional about our respectful treatment of each other. We have a strong focus on Trauma Informed Care for the communities we support, as well as our staff teams. The Family Centre strives to hire a diverse team of employees, reflecting the diverse communities we support. The Family Centre is committed to Indigenous ceremony and practice and welcomes knowledge of ceremony and lived experience.
Mission: The Family Centre exists to support families and children to help them flourish and to help people engage with one another to promote healthy, safe, and economically viable communities.
Vision: Healthy families in healthy communities.
The Family Centre is looking for a HR Specialist to support our organization with HR related processes such as recruiting and will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners.
Your main duties include screening candidates for job opportunities, maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents by updating the internal database. To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills, be familiar with HR functions and can juggle various HR administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration (ie. certificate or diploma) or a high school diploma combined with several years of relevant work experience
- At least two years of experience in human resource or administrative capacity
- Familiarity with social media recruiting
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation or eligibility is an asset
- Experience in a Non-Profit environment is an asset
- Knowledge of current employment standards and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with staff
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Possess exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Demonstrating trauma informed values to potential candidates, new employees, and peers
- Creating job postings and post for employment opportunities internally and externally for all service areas
- Coordinating and facilitating the recruitment process by screening potential candidates and scheduling interviews
- Onboarding new hires and schedule orientation training
- Maintaining personnel records and ensuring all employment requirements are met
- Maintenance of vacation logs through communication with supervisors
- Liaise with Finance and program supervisors for termination process
- Assist with creating new process and procedures for increased efficiency as related to HR admin function
- Manage health and wellness accounts for eligible employees
Support service areas and manage HR projects as required
What to Expect:
- Training – comprehensive onboarding/orientation process which includes service specific training and agency wide core training.
- Feedback – a strong supervision model that provides regular formal and informal opportunities for feedback
- Performance coaching – formal and informal coaching regarding the development of personal and professional growth and development.
The Family Centre is committed to employee wellbeing and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive within the marketplace.
- $44,707 to $60,060 annually
- Manulife Group Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- Wellness Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Keisha Wright, HR Supervisor
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, candidates will have the option to participate via video call. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.