Success coaches support students to boost their resilience and develop healthy strategies to cope with challenges and overcome barriers to be successful in school and life. Success coaches foster a positive school experience and build confidence and skills for academic success.
With the support of a success coach, children and youth attend school more regularly, are more engaged in learning, avoid high-risk behaviours, learn more life skills to make effective decisions and goals, and see a positive future for themselves.
How will students benefit?
Success coaches develop relationships with children and youth to:
- Promote a healthy view of education, and facilitate success in school by exploring future career opportunities
- Encourage participation in healthy physical activity
- Support transitioning to a new grade or school
- Build resiliency skills to cope with challenges
- Develop stronger social, academic, and communication skills
- Be more equipped to solve problems, deal with anger, and make positive decisions
- Increase their community network of supports
- Provide opportunities for healthy peer interaction