Low Cost Summer Activities
Are you looking for fun, inexpensive things to do with your family this summer? There are now more places open and more activities to choose from. Here are some activities in our city that won’t break your bank:
- The City of Edmonton outdoor pools are reopening. They offer free admission again this summer. For pool hours, visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/outdoor-pools.aspx
- Stay cool this summer by going to the city’s spray parks. Children and kids at heart will surely love this!
- Visit Alberta Legislature grounds to experience some of Alberta’s history. It is also a great place for an Instagrammable photo as the Alberta Legislature Building has marvelous architecture
- Explore the river valley for a nature walk or a bike ride! This is a great way to be active and enjoy the outdoors during the summer.
- Finally, an in-person summer festival! Attend the Heritage Festival to get immersed in your culture and with other cultures.
- For activities around the house, see the list of 100 summer activities on the Fun, Cheap or Free website. YouTube karaoke, anyone?
- Meet other parents, enjoy educational programming, learn about child development, and more at The Family Centre's free virtual camps for parents, July 7-August 27. You can drop in every Wednesday and Friday. See tfcna.com/parentcamps2021 for more information.
For more ideas, see:
16 Things To Do in a Staycation