Couples communication: questions to ask yourself and your partner
Do you ever bicker with your partner about something small, and it ended up being a huge argument? Perhaps you feel like you don’t know how your partner communicates or are unsure how you come across when speaking with them. Communication in a relationship takes work, and awareness of your partner’s communication style could help resolve issues. Read our couples communication questionnaire to reflect on your relationship’s communication patterns.
Couples communication questionnaire
- Can you give 2 examples of harsh startups when resolving a conflict with your partner?
Harsh startup: When one partner brings up an issue with criticism and contempt to get their point across.
- How do you feel after giving or receiving a harsh startup? How’s the ambience between you and your partner?
- Can you list 2 examples of soft startups when resolving a conflict with your partner?
Soft startup: A soft startup sets a positive tone and helps resolve conflict by starting a conversation calmly and respectfully.
- How do you feel after giving or receiving a soft startup? How’s the ambience between you and your partner?
Couples Communication Class: July 23
If you would like to learn how to do soft startups and have healthier conflict resolution with your partner, consider attending our Couples Communication class.
Our Couples Communication class tackles more specific ways to cultivate positive interactions daily. You will learn the following:
- How to do a soft, good startup
- How to know when your message has been successful and respectful
- How to repair hurt & build trust in your relationship