Suicide Prevention Resources
Everyone has off days.
Days where they are sad or lack motivation, days they feel lonely, and days where they don’t want to get out of bed. Considering the stress and strain of life at the moment, these feelings are normal.
For some, these feelings have become more severe and outnumbered the good days.
As a society, we have struggled with job loss, isolation, financial stress, fear, and anxiety. Mental health issues including depression and death by suicide have risen during this time. Experts predict that we will have a mental health crisis after the pandemic, which can last for years.
Now more than ever, it is important to be aware of and get educated on suicide prevention. Read and share these resources to promote worldwide action to prevent suicides.
- The Family Centre free drop-in counselling
- Canadian Mental Health Association Distress Line
- Fighting Loneliness: How to Stop Feeling Alone
- Transgender People and Suicide
- Sexual Minorities and Suicide Prevention
- Preventing Suicide in Men
- What You Should Know About Managing Your Mental Health Right Now
- Blog posts about mental health
- Blog posts on trauma
- Blog posts on anxiety
- Blog posts on depression
- Blog posts about protecting your mental health during COVID-19