You are about to embark on one of the most significant milestones in your life… marriage. You and your partner are in love and busy planning for your big day. You are both probably feeling excited, proud, and even a bit nervous. But what happens after the wedding day is even more critical than saying “I do.”
Relationships are challenging, often filled with unexpected emotional events and conflict. And since no two people are exactly the same, you will likely deal with these situations in different ways. Through the Marriage Preparation Workshop, we can help you prepare for this deep and meaningful commitment to give you a better chance of long-term success. We want you to be strong and healthy together, well after the honeymoon is over.
Who can attend?
- Any couple about to get married. Both partners must attend
- This non-denominational workshop may qualify as the mandatory course for couples getting married in a church. Please confirm with your church or religious leader first
What will you learn?
You will build skills for a strong and healthy relationship by understanding:
- What to expect from each other
- How to better communicate
- Effective ways to solve problems and resolve conflict
- Why individual family origins are important
- How to relate to your in-laws
- Sexuality and intimacy
- Ways to manage your money
- Children and parenting
By the end of the session, you and your partner will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting your beliefs in a respectful way
- Sharing your most important concerns with each other
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is it offered?
Our group classes are now offered online. Scroll down to see the upcoming dates.
In-person group workshops take place Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our offices at 9912-106 Street.
You can also book a three-hour online private session.
How much does it cost?
Online group workshops: $150 per couple
In-person group workshops: $200 per couple
Private session: $325 per couple
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.
This workshop is a great way to ensure both partners are on the same page in a safe environment. It also gives you some great tools to use. - workshop participant
Important ideas for a healthy relationship. A definite must for deciding/preparing to get married. - participant
I think it is important for couples to take this course as it is their biggest decision they will make in their lives. As you study for an exam or take a course for a professionial credential, why not for your relationship? - participant