Positive Parenting Strategies
No one said parenting was easy. Children of all ages have their own unique personalities and characteristics. They know how to make you proud and they also learn very quickly what buttons to push to make you angry or pay attention. When your children act out, you may get frustrated and upset because nothing you do or say works.
Positive Parenting Strategies provides parenting ideas that allow your relationship with your child to grow and develop in a healthy way. This course is based on the premise that relationship is the foundation for parenting. We want you to help your child achieve their potential while still caring for yourself in the process.
Who can attend?
- Any caregiver who plays a role in parenting toddlers or school-age children.
- Anyone interested in establishing secure attachment and positive parenting practices.
What will you learn?
You will build skills for managing your child’s challenging behaviours by understanding:
- Your own parenting and family style
- How attachment affects how you interact with each other
- How to support secure attachment
- How different parts of our brains influence parenting
- How to repair relationships
- Why routines, structure, and setting limits are important
- How to better communicate with children
- How to care for yourself
By the end of the session, you will feel more comfortable:
- Creating effective parenting strategies and giving positive feedback
- Setting boundaries, limits, and guidelines
- Communicating with your child or children
- Providing a nurturing home environment
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is this class offered?
- The class is available as a group workshop or a private class.
- The group class is offered several times per year. Scroll down for upcoming dates.
- Our classes are both offered online and in-person at our offices at 9912-106 Street, Edmonton.
- In our group workshops, you will have many opportunities to ask questions, learn about yourself and your family, hear others’ experiences, and practise new skills. Many people who attend our workshops say they feel better after attending because they realize that they are not alone.
- In a private class, you will receive the same amount of information as our group workshops, condensed into 3 hours with the facilitator. These are ideal for individuals or couples who want to get started sooner than the next group workshop, can’t attend the group workshops due to work schedules or other personal commitments, or simply prefer a more private setting.
How much does it cost?
Group workshop: $150 per person or $200 per couple
Private session: $325 per person or couple
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.