Positive Parenting Strategies
No one said parenting was easy. Children of all ages have their own unique personalities and characteristics. They know how to make you proud and they also learn very quickly what buttons to push to make you angry or pay attention. When your children act out, you may get frustrated and upset because nothing you do or say works.
Positive Parenting Strategies provides parenting ideas that allow your relationship with your child to grow and develop in a healthy way. This course is based on the premise that relationship is the foundation for parenting. We want you to help your child achieve their potential while still caring for yourself in the process.
Who can attend?
- Any caregiver who plays a role in parenting toddlers or school-age children.
- Anyone interested in establishing secure attachment and positive parenting practices.
What will you learn?
You will build skills for managing your child’s challenging behaviours by understanding:
- Your own parenting and family style
- How attachment affects how you interact with each other
- How to support secure attachment
- How different parts of our brains influence parenting
- How to repair relationships
- Why routines, structure, and setting limits are important
- How to better communicate with children
- How to care for yourself
By the end of the session, you will feel more comfortable:
- Creating effective parenting strategies and giving positive feedback
- Setting boundaries, limits, and guidelines
- Communicating with your child or children
- Providing a nurturing home environment
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is it offered?
Group workshops are Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our offices at 9912-106 Street
For those who want to book a three-hour private session, please contact us to arrange a date and time
How much does it cost?
Group workshops: $150 per person or $200 per couple
Private session: $325
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If cost is a barrier to you attending this workshop, you can apply for subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the workshop registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.
This workshop helped me open my eyes as to what I was doing wrong and try new strategies. - workshop participant
Our March and April classes have been cancelled to help limit the spread of COVID-19. You can still book a private class, which will be done over a video call.
You can register for the class dates shown below, but they may also be cancelled. We will give full refunds for classes that are cancelled due to the pandemic.