Divorce is an emotional and challenging experience. So when you find someone new that you want to spend the rest of your life with, you may be excited and eager to move forward. One or both of you may be cautious, trying hard to avoid prior mistakes, or lacking in self-confidence.
New relationships are influenced by previous experiences and sometimes can be more complicated because there are often more relationships to manage: ex-spouses, step-children, in-laws, and friends.
Only time and strong communication with each other will help strengthen your bond as a couple. The Family Centre can prepare you for your second marriage and give you a better chance at long-term success. We want you to go into this important commitment with a positive attitude, realistic expectations, and hope for the future.
Who can attend?
Any couple about to get married for the second time. (One or both partners must have been married before.) Both partners must attend.
What will you learn?
You will build skills for a strong and healthy relationship by understanding:
- What you can learn from prior relationships
- How to adjust to a blended family
- Why individual family origins are important
- How to better communicate
- Effective ways to solve problems and resolve conflict and
By the end of the session, you and your partner will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting your beliefs in a respectful way
- Sharing your most important concerns with each other
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is it offered?
This three-hour workshop is offered as a private workshop only.
How much does it cost?
$325 per couple