When you first fall in love, communicating seems so easy. You talk to each other frequently, listen with genuine interest, and make an extra effort to help the other person feel special. After the “getting to know you” period has passed, many couples experience challenges as you learn to live together in a world full of distractions and complications.
Our Couples Communication workshop helps you understand your communication styles and patterns so you can recognize what needs to change for a successful relationship. You will learn how to appreciate your partner and get through a disagreement so you still love each other at the end of it.
Who can attend?
Any couple that is experiencing difficulty communicating or has a desire to build a stronger relationship. Both partners must attend.
What will you learn?
You will build skills for a strong and healthy relationship by understanding:
- Barriers to communicating effectively
- How to better communicate through active listening
- Effective ways to solve problems and resolve conflict
- How to repair hurt and build trust
- The five love languages
By the end of the session, you and your partner will feel more comfortable:
- Communicating, resolving conflict, setting boundaries, and asserting your beliefs in a respectful way
- Sharing your most important concerns with each other
- Identifying personal traits to address specific issues, such as positive self-esteem, healthy boundaries, stress management, emotional triggers
- Solving day-to-day problems and challenges
When and where is the class offered?
- The class is available as a group workshop or a private class.
- The group class is offered several times per year. Scroll down for upcoming dates.
- Our classes are currently offered online. When the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, the classes will be held at our offices at 9912-106 Street, Edmonton.
- In our group workshops, you will have many opportunities to ask questions, learn about yourself and your family, hear others’ experiences, and practise new skills. Many people who attend our workshops say they feel better after attending because they realize that they are not alone.
- In a private class, you will receive the same amount of information as our group workshops, condensed into 3 hours with the facilitator. These are ideal for individuals or couples who want to get started sooner than the next group workshop, can’t attend the group workshops due to work schedules or other personal commitments, or simply prefer a more private setting.
How much does it cost?
Group workshop: $200 per couple
Private session: $325 per couple
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the registration form.
Subsidies are available for group workshops only.
This workshop gives you a whole new perspective. Helps you understand things you may have not conscientiously been aware of. - participant