Nurturing Newborn Attachment
That deep bond between a baby and their primary caregiver is called attachment. Attachment develops over time when you respond to your newborn in warm, consistent ways. When your child is attached to you, they feel safe with you and their surroundings.
This class will teach you the basics of attachment so that you can deepen your relationship with your baby. A strong attachment with your child helps them to become secure, confident, independent, and compassionate.
Who can attend?
- Any caregiver who is parenting (or about to parent) a child between 0 and 12 months.
- You can attend the class with or without your baby.
- Bringing your baby with you allows you to practice the skills you are learning in class.
What will you learn?
This class will focus on the relationship between a caregiver and their newborn baby (0 to 12 months). You’ll learn:
- What is attachment
- How attachment is formed
- Ways to support healthy attachment
- How to communicate with your baby
- Strategies to reduce separation
- How brains develop
- How you can impact your child’s brain development
- How to prepare for childcare
- The importance of self-care as a caregiver
How much does it cost?
$50 per person or $75 per couple
We are dedicated to supporting families of all income levels. If needed, you can apply for a subsidy by selecting “I require subsidy” in the workshop registration form.