Group Therapy: The ABCs of Anxiety
We all feel anxious sometimes - after all, it is a natural response to stressful situations. But when anxious feelings become too frequent, it can take a toll on your wellbeing.
You don’t have to go through anxiety on your own.
In this therapeutic support group, you can talk about your feelings and experiences with anxiety in a healing group setting. You will engage in therapeutic activities and monitor therapeutic change.
The group is facilitated by a mental health therapist. There will be maximum of 7 participants in a group.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 18 or over, who is looking to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of anxiety and steps to change areas that you wish to change.
An official diagnosis of anxiety is not necessary.
What will I learn?
- Gain an understanding of anxiety
- Identify common physiological responses that are associated with anxiety
- Understand what level of functional impairment constitutes a clinical disorder
- Understand how to make changes to break the cycle of anxiety
- Develop an action plan to begin moving out of anxiety
How much does it cost?
No cost for the 5-week course (during the pandemic).
When and where is it offered?
Groups are available virtually.
The group meets weekly on Tuesdays 6.00 - 7.30 PM
If you are interested in participating in this group, please contact us at email@example.com.