Group Therapy: The ABCs of Depression
Everyone feels sad sometimes. But, if you are often feeling hopeless and upset, you might have depression.
You are not alone. In this support group, you can talk about your feelings and experiences with depression in a healing group setting. You will engage in therapeutic activities and monitor therapeutic change.
The group is facilitated by a mental health therapist. There will be a maximum of 7 participants in a group.
Who can attend?
Anyone aged 18 or over, who is looking to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of depression and steps to change areas that you wish to change.
An official diagnosis of depression is not necessary.
What will I learn?
- Understand the difference between normal sadness and depression
- Identify common physiological responses that are associated with depression
- Understand what level of functional impairment constitutes a clinical disorder
- Understand how to make changes to break the cycle of depression
- Develop an action plan to begin moving out of depression
How much does it cost?
$300 for the 5-week course.
Subsidies may be available based on our sliding scale. Please connect with us for more information.
When and where is it offered?
Groups are available in-person and virtually.
The in-person group will meet weekly on Thursdays 6.00-7.30 PM at The Family Centre, 9912 - 106 Street. The next group starts on November 5.
If you are interested in participating in this group (virtual or face-to-face), please contact us at email@example.com.